Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Peacock!

So, I've been acting as janitor at our church for the last couple of months. A few weeks ago, as I was taking out the trash, I noticed a peacock in the playground area. The area is fenced in, so I was a little concerned that he was stuck. I took a couple of pictures on my phone and then my Mom called. So, I grabbed my digital camera and snapped off another couple of pictures while talking to her.

I decided that this poor bird was stuck. He kept trying to put his head through the chain-link. There are two gates into the playground. One was already open so I went to open the other one. I was a little unsure about the nature of the peacock (are they mean like geese?) so I grabbed a shield. My shield happened to be the lid to the turtle-shaped sandbox. I walk around the playground, herding the poor bird. He, of course, doesn't go where I want him to and soon he's got me sort of stuch behind the play structure.

I finally get around it and walk towards him. I've almost got him to the gate. What does he do then? He takes off in flight... onto the roof of the church. Here I am worried about this "poor bird" and the thing could fly the whole time! (And later, when relating this story to a friend, he stops me after I tell him that I think the bird's stuck to tell me that they can fly.)



No comments:

Post a Comment