Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Independence Day!

Ok, so I'm making an attempt to catch up on my blogging after being informed by a friend that I've been slacking (which I admit, I totally have been). Soooo, here we go!

Back in April, we had 3 cedar trees cut down in our front yard. The trees shed pounds upon pounds of cedar needles (?) onto our lawn, block sunlight (causing more moss than grass in the yard) and the roots were causing the walk-way up to our front door to lift (making an edge that people are constantly tripping over). So, we chopped 'em down. And when I say we, I mean Barton, construction/destruction man extraordinaire! A friend of ours took the trunks to use as fencing and was even willing to take all the branches for us. Barton being willing to cut them down (and play with his toys) and Craig being willing to take it all away saved us a TON of money! God is good!

A friend from church offered to help us pull the stumps. He's in the Coast Guard and had gotten a length of mooring rope (I think that's what he called it) from one of the boats. He wanted to use it along with the tow bar on his new truck. We gave him the opportunity to do so. July 4th was the first weekend that Adam had free.


The "after"

Bart in the tree.

Melanie and Karli.

Hard at work?

They bent the pry bar.

After the work was done, we had lots of yummy food and did some fireworks. The kids loved it. After most of the kids passed out, the adults got to just sit around and talk. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment