Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Randomness in the Backyard

We went to Viking Fest this last weekend (more to come on that) and took the camera with us. I uploaded the pictures and noticed some pictures that I didn't remember taking... at least, not at first.

The weekend before last, we had a friend's son, Matthew, over for a sleep-over (he packs his own bag every once in a while because "Ms. Kristin won't mind, Mom. Just call her and ask."). The kids spent quite some time in the backyard.

I'd grabbed the camera because... well, because I have incredibly cute kids. I snapped a few pictures of the kids running around playing. That excited them so they started asking me to take pictures of incredibly random things- like the dog's bone. 

Matthew and the dog's bone?
The girls playing on the swings.

Matthew, Alyssa and Abby.

Adam being all manly doing yardwork!


The next day was Sunday, Mother's Day. My brother and I made brunch for our Mom. Kurt was in charge of the biscuits and gravy while I made a couple of quiches and crepes with strawberries and fresh whipped cream (sooo yummy!). After I made the crepes, there was some leftover whipped cream. I put some on a spoon and topped it with a strawberry slice. I gave a spoon to each of the kids.
Alyssa took it eagerly.
Karli knows what's going on!
Matthew just kind of looked at it. 

It took him a second to figure out whether he wanted to eat it or not. He ate it. And liked it!





No comments:

Post a Comment