Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Beginning.

I never thought that I would be a blogger but here I am. With a blog. Interesting, isn't it? I just spent about half an hour pouring over a friend's ("friend" here is a loose interpretation- we are friends for about an hour a week while our daughters take dance- still, for that hour, I really enjoy spending time with her. She's a wise woman.) blog; loving that I was getting to see a side of her family that I don't normally see.

So, why am I doing this? I guess I like the idea of giving others that same inside look at my family. That and I can spill all my stories out in this blog as opposed to calling up my friends/family and making them listen to me as I
 blab about what adorable thing Alyssa/Karli just did. 

Like this one: Karli has recently learned how to turn door knobs. So, while I was making dinner last night, she tells me "bye-bye" and turns the knob on the pantry door. She gets in there and closes the door. Then she opens it, notices her Easter basket (the girls still have TONS of candy leftover) and grabs a piece of chocolate. She wasn't feeling well so I kind of let it slide. Dinner was served. Alyssa gobbled hers up while Karli took only a few bites of applesauce and then climbed down. She tells me "bye-bye" again and I play along. She goes into the kitchen, into the pantry, and comes back out with another piece of chocolate. I'm cracking up so she gets to eat it... A minute or two later, she starts telling me "bye
-bye" again. I'm laughing as I tell her, "No!" And she starts getting upset, stomping her foot and saying "bye-bye" over and over again. Needless to say, I had to move the Easter Basket.

So I hope you enjoy reading this blog- keeeping up to date with my wonderful (and sometimes crazy) family. And I hope you get a good laugh o
ut of it once in a while. 

-Kristin

The girls at the Fresno Zoo-March 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment