Monday, June 29, 2009

Pizza Pizza!

Adam's been working swing shift since about February. It's been great for us, as we get to spend more daylight hours together as a family. The only downside is that I hate cooking dinner. Adam's not there to eat it with me and the girls are rather finicky. I keep saying that I'm going to start making "dinner" for lunch but Adam's been on 12 hour days for the last month and a half (which means he leaves for work at 5 PM, gets home somewhere around 6 AM, sleeps til 2 PM, etc.) so he's not even really with us during any refular mealtime.

So, the girls and I have started having pizza night once a week. (Except we forgot last week. Shhhhh! Don't tell Alyssa!) I found these really cute pre-made pizza crusts (there are 3- 1 for each of us!) and then we add pepperoni, olives, pineapple and cheese. It's so much fun to watch the girls make their pizzas! The pictures below are from the first time we did it.


Brushing on a little olive oil.

Alyssa spreading her sauce.

The cutest pepperoni's EVER!
Karli's.

Alyssa's "art" (it's Matthew)
Eating the olives...

The finished pizzas on their way into the oven.


This last picture shows the girls eating watermelon. Alyssa had been asking me if they could eat the watermelon straight out of the rind for a couple days. So, I figured, "what the heck?" I scored it inside the shell so that it'd be a little easier for them to scoop it out and then let them have at it. It was hilarious to watch them eat it!
















No comments:

Post a Comment